Event registrants cannot register themselves without a valid email address for the following reasons:
- They would not receive the automatic email confirmation that their registration was successful.
- Our Terms of Service requires supporters opt-in to receive your emails.
The person who registers others will never be able to opt others in to receiving those communications. Any attendees the registrant registers would have to have opted themselves in personally, by either submitting their own activity or making a donation.
A Campaign Manager may create an offline transaction where the attendee does not have an email address, (but it will not create a supporter record) under the following conditions:
- Configure a ticket to NOT create a fundraising page (for P2P events).
- Enter an offline registration transaction that is not complementary.
- Under Information Collected for tickets, set email addresses for attendees as not required.
After the attendee and transaction are submitted...
- An Engage record is temporarily created - without an email address. Within a few minutes, that Engage record is deleted.
- The transaction remains. When viewing it, you will see the supporters name (and that they were removed) as well as an offline transaction type.
- After approximately 5-10 minutes, Engage will pass this information to the CRM:
- The resulting supporter record will not have an email address.
- The transaction will be listed under their donations.
- There will be an Activity in the Activities section--which will link to the Engage Event.
Note: To be clear, the link in the activities menu links to the Engage Event form, not the Engage transaction. Once on the Event page, you will need to search through the submissions/attendees list if you wish to find the Engage transaction.
- Finally, if applicable, the donation will appear in the potential duplicate queue.