Caution: When entering a donation manually, be sure to use the supporter's real email address as you may otherwise overwrite another supporter's record in Salsa Engage. If the supporter does not have an email address, you will need to add him or her directly to Salsa CRM or your own CRM.
In some cases, a campaign manager may wish to add an offline donation directly to an event. (For offline donations to a specific fundraiser or team, please see 'Manually Add Donations to a Specific Fundraiser or Team', below.) Any offline donations added in this way will be immediately applied to the Event Goal progress if you've defined an Event-Level Fundraising Goal.
For manually added donations, including offline donations, campaign managers can choose from two payment options:
- Pay Offline (Check or Cash)—If this option is chosen, the payment fields are removed and campaign managers can quickly add a payment amount that will then be tracked in Salsa Engage. Only First Name and Last Name are required for Check or Cash donations.
- Pay Now with Credit Card—If this option is chosen, donations can be made using a credit card. The Email Address and ZIP Code fields are required, in order to verify the credit card information and deliver a receipt.
- In your P2P event, navigate to the Results page.
- Click + Add Donation. The P2P registration page will open.
- Select the payment type and fill in the amount and required fields.