If you want to know each of your donors' average gifts, generate this simple Donation Query. We start with the Donation table because only donor constituents are in the Donation table. Non-donors cannot be found in the Donation table.
- Start a new Donation-type query.
- From the Donor table, add (at the very least) the following Output fields (but don't add Constituent Number just yet):
- First Name
- Last Name
- Under the Donation table, click just once on the Donation Amount field.
- Click the gear button just above the Available Fields.
- Select the Aggregate menu item.
- Select the Average menu item.
- On the Select Group by Field pop-up window, scroll down to the Donor table and select Constituent Number.
- Click OK to continue or Cancel to abort.
NOTE: you may need to delete an extra Constituent Number field from your Output fields.
- Continue with your query build as normal.
If you want to include non-donors, you should start with a Constituent-type query. In that case, the Constituent table will be at the top of the Available fields and the Donation Amount field will be under Donation Info.