Insight Query Overview
The Insight Query tool provides a user-friendly way to view and export the results of Activities, Email, Email Series, and Social Posts.
Create an Insight Query
The Insight Query tool allows campaign managers to evaluate results using sets of rules. Building a query is as simple as describing the characteristics of Activities or Messages desired.
- Click the Insight tab > Query tab to open the query tool. When you land on the Query interface, you will define all the rules and types you like, as outlined below.
- Click the Create a New Query button.
- Select values from the following:
- Query Type - Activity Form Performance, Messaging Blast Performance, Messaging Series Performance, or Messaging Social Performance. Note, Messaging has a subset of the options available for activities.
- Activity Type - All Pages, Pages that Receive Donations, Sign Up, Fundraising, Petition, Targeted Action, Ticketed Event, or P2P
- Forms to Include - One of these (brings up list of all forms for campaign manager to choose from) or any.
- Time Period for Results - Before, On or Before, After, On or After, Between, Exactly, During this (Day, Week, Month, Quarter or Year), Not During This, During Last (Day, Week, Month, Quarter, Year) or Ever.
- Groups to Include - One of These (brings up list of all Groups) or any.
- Choose Metrics to Return - The metrics that appear depend on the Query Type. Click the orange plus icon to the far right pf the field to see a list of all options.
- Once you've defined your query, click Show Results to see a sample of results.
- If the query has returned the results that you want, click the Query Options button to the top right of the window to export the full set of query results.
- If you might want to reuse your query, click Save Query at the bottom right of the window. You'll be prompted to name and describe the query. Once saved, the query will appear in the table on the Query tab.
An Example Query
In the example below, a campaign manager queries on Activity Form Performance > Fundraising Forms (any) between two dates. The campaign manager selects the metrics to be included then clicks "Show Results."
After clicking "Show Results", the campaign manager can click on the "Query Options" button at the top right to see a list of metrics to choose from for export.
The export option will be in the Query Action dropdown similar to the Supporter Query tool. You'll have the pop up similar to the Supporter Query tool to choose the fields you want to export and they will be downloadable in a CSV as shown above.