Salsa CRM stores the City, County, State and Country associated with the Postal Codes. Each time you enter a Postal Code in a constituent's record, the City, County, State and Country will pre-populate if it is in the database.
If a Postal Code is not in the database, the Add City pop-up box is displayed and you can add the City, County, State and Country to the database.
There may be situations where the same Postal Code serves more than one city. If that is the case, you may select the Add City button to define an additional City, County, State and Country for the same Postal Code code. Next time you enter that ZIP code a dialog box will appear asking you to select which City you wish to use.
International Postal Codes may differ from US standards. For instance, Ireland and Hong Kong have no postal code format and may be entered as N/A. Great Britain postal code validation is as follows:
|AA9A 9AA||WC postcode area;
|A9A 9AA||E1W, N1C, N1P||W1A 0AX|
|A9 9AA||B, E, G, L, M, N, S, W||M1 1AE|
|A99 9AA||B33 8TH|
Salsa CRM follows the ISO 3166-2 standard for Country Abbreviations and 2-letter county/province codes. Please consult Wikipedia for more information.
One way to Add a City or Postal Code would be to access the City File in the Configuration Screen.
- From the main menu, select Manage and then Configuration.
- The Configuration window will be displayed. Select City File from the Explorer.
- Place your cursor in the Postal Code or City Name text box and type the Postal Code for the city you wish to add and then choose the Search button.
- If the results do not include the desired city/state nor if there are no cities matching the search criteria, select the Add button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- The Postal Code that you searched for has already been entered into the dialog box.
- Change the Country if necessary by selecting the drop down arrow and choosing a country from the list.
- Place your cursor in the City Name text box and type the appropriate name. Press the Tab key.
- Enter the County Name. Press the Tab key.
- Choose the drop down arrow in the State/Province box and select the appropriate item.
- Select the Save button.
- To Edit an item, place your cursor in the Postal Code or City Name text box and type the Postal Code for the city you wish to add and then choose the Search button.
- Choose the desired item from the list that is returned and then select the Edit button. Make the necessary changes and then choose the Save button.
- To Delete a city, place your cursor in the Postal Code or City Name text box and type the Postal Code for the city you wish to delete and then choose the Search button.
- Choose the desired item from the list that is returned and then select the Delete button. A warning opens informing you as to how many records the city will be removed from in Salsa CRM. Select OK to confirm the delete.
- Another pop-up box appears telling you how many records that city was removed from in Salsa CRM. Select OK to confirm.
- To Merge multiple cities into one, such as in the case where city names may have been misspelled, in the Postal Code or City Name text box type the Postal Code for the correct city (the one you wish to keep) and then choose the Search button.
- Choose the city you wish to merge into the correct city and then select the Merge button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- A list of cities that match your search criteria is displayed. Select the city that will become the primary city and that the previously selected city will be merged.
- By default, the Delete obsolete city after merging option is selected. Only uncheck this box if you wish to keep the obsolete city.
- Choose the Merge Now button.
- A pop-up window will appear informing you of how many records were updated because of the merge. Choose the OK button to return to the main City File screen.