Recent software enhancements are shown in red.
A Batch enables you to group your electronic financial transactions much like you would group your physical transactions. Sorting donations received in a single day into specific Batches easily organizes your data. This ensures that each batch matches daily deposits, eliminating the need to sort through paperwork to find which donations were included in a deposit. Donations from the daily mail or from online sources may get entered into different batches.
NOTE: Engage donations that are paid online sync to Salsa CRM into their own batches labeled starting with the letters SED and then the date, while offline donations sync to their own batches starting with the letters SEOL and then the date. Batches from an import are named beginning with AI and the date.
While each organization is different, we recommend labeling a typical batch according to the date the gifts came in, such as 2018-10-01.
Search for existing batches from this screen, using the search filters at the top of the page and the Search button to the right. If the batch isn't found...
- Click the Add button on the Navigation Bar at the top of the screen.
- Select the Batch menu item.
- The Add Batch screen will open. Type a Name for the Batch or select the Suggest button, where a default name will be inserted. A name can be anything you like, however, Salsa Labs recommends using the date for the batch name, for example, 2016.10.25. This will help you sort your batches in year/date order when you run reports.
- Type a Description for your Batch.
- Select the appropriate Batch Type. Type options include...
- Donation Batches—Batches that contain regular donation records, pledges, and recurring donations.
- Recurring Template Batches—Batches that contain pledges for which lump sum payments will pay off each pledge.
- Recurring Payment Batches—Batches that contain a lump sum payment for a group of people.
- Leave the Batch Status as Open.
- Select Save. Use the Cancel button to cancel out any editing changes.