Your Salsa CRM software includes a secure web page for receiving online donations. When a donor submits a donation, the donation information is downloaded into your Salsa CRM database for approval. The web page is put online for customers who purchased the hosted version of Salsa CRM. Customers who license the self-hosted version of Salsa CRM need to configure and host their Salsa CRM online donation page themselves.
You can activate and configure a free donation page that automatically generates when you enter a Merchant Services account [https://[yourdomain].crm.salsalabs.org/webDonation].
To configure the Web Donation Page, click Manage > Configuration > Web Transactions.
To activate your web donation page, click the checkbox next to Enable Web Donations.
Enter the label for the Donor Notes text box so that your donors may provide information (such as addresses for acknowledgement letters) in the web donation web page. Leave blank if you do not want the Donor Notes text box to display.
Web Fund Names
The Fund Names that you display to your web-based donors are often not the same Fund Names that you use internally. This Configuration panel allows you to create a subset of fund references specifically for Web Donors. The values, which you create on the Web Fund Names list, will be displayed to Web Donors only. These values are not linked with or added to your internal fund names. You may add, edit, and delete them with no impact on internal funds. Your internal fund names are displayed in the list to the right for reference.
NOTE: These fund names are for the donor to choose how to direct their donation. Choosing one of these funds does not deposit the donation directly into a bank account.
- To add a Web Fund Name, click the Add button. This list will be viewable by donors on the Web Donations Web Page.
- Type the desired Web Fund Name and then click the OK button. The new Web Fund Name appears in the list for the donor to select.
When add an Email Configuration, your donor will receive a confirmation email after they successfully submit a donation through your web donation page. The donor will need to submit a valid email address.
- Enter a Confirmation Email CC Address in the text box if you wish to get a copy of the confirmation email.
- Type the desired Confirmation Email Subject line.
- Enter your text-only email in the large text box. Use the Insert Variable button to insert specific variables pertaining to the online donation(s) in the Confirmation Email text box.
NOTE: These variables are set and are not changeable.
- Click the Save button.