Form letters that are emails will consist of a plain text component that serves as the body and a thank you letter that becomes an attachment.
The email body must come from a plain text (.txt) file that contains no formatting. Create your plain-text file using a notepad application on your computer or a plain-text editor online like MyTextArea. Your text file may still include variables.
To upload that body content document to Salsa CRM...
- Go to Manage > Documents > Word Processor.
- With Google Docs configured as the default document editor, click the Other Word Processing Options button.
- Click Discard Unsaved Changes and Continue.
NOTE: If you are not using Google Docs, the following screen loads when you click the Manage > Documents > Word Processor menu.
- Choose Store a Document from the drop-down menu.
- Click Select File and choose the document from your computer, and click Save to Database.
- Name your document
- Click OK.
To add a new form email...
- Go to Manage > Configuration > Form Letters and Receipts.
- Click Add Form Letter to Screen.
- Name the letter as you want it to appear on the Donation screen's Letter drop-down menu.
- Change the letter type to Donation.
- Check the box to Display on Dropdown.
- Change the delivery method to Email. This updates the screen to add fields you need for your email.
- Click the Select Email Content button.
- Choose the plain text file that serves as the body of the email.
- In the search window, sure the document type is "text" and that all the other search fields are empty.
- Toggle the arrows next to Received to see the most recently added file and click the document you want to use as the body.
- Choose the attachment.
- Click Select Attachment.
- Again, just as with a print letter, change the document type DOCX.
- Click Search. This will bring back all of your documents.
- Click on the letter you want to use from that list. If you have many stored documents in your CRM, there are a couple of ways to make finding your document a little easier. You can use the Search all columns field to look for keywords in your document description, or toggle the arrows for the Received Date to show the most recently added documents first.
- Click the document you want to use as the attachment, which will bring you back to the form letter configuration screen with your attachment selected.
- Add the From email address, the email Subject, and the Attachment Name. You can also include a CC or BCC email address—who will receive a copy of the final email—but this is not required.
- Click Save. Now your form email is fully configured and ready to be added to your donations.