Salsa CRM has integrated with DonorSearch, allowing you the opportunity to efficiently and seamlessly research detailed giving capacity information on your constituents. With the click of a single button, you have instant access to essential, detailed prospecting information.
Prior to configuring DonorSearch in Salsa CRM, you will need to set up your account with DonorSearch.
Prior to using the DonorSearch module, you must first assign the Task-Related Permission to the appropriate user(s). Without this permission assigned, a user will not be able to access the DonorSearch Module.
IMPORTANT: Due to the sensitive nature of the data returned through DonorSearch, it is strongly recommended that you limit the number of Salsa CRM users who have this permission assigned to their Salsa CRM User Role.
- From the Salsa CRM main menu, select Manage > Roles.
- On the ROLES frame on the left-hand side of the screen, highlight the Role to which you would like to add the Wealth Lookup Task-Related Permission.
Tip: You will want to add the Wealth Lookup Task-Related Permissions to the role that has already been assigned to the user who will be working with DonorSearch.
- On the Task-Related Permissions panel, find the Wealth Lookup option, and click the checkbox in the Allowed? column.
- Click Save.
To enable Salsa CRM to work with your DonorSearch account:
- Click Manage > Configuration from the Salsa CRM main menu.
- Choose the DonorSearch tab.
- Enter your DonorSearch Web Address, User ID, and Password.
- Select the Save button in the lower right corner of the window.
To upload a constituent’s DonorSearch profile...
- Open their record, and choose the DonorSearch node in the Constituent Explorer list.
- Click the View DonorSearch in a Web Browser button. You must do this first in order to upload the information from DonorSearch, into Salsa CRM.
- Once the report opens in the browser, go back to Salsa CRM and click the Retrieve DonorSearch Information button.