The Audience tab enables you to push supporters in Salsa Engage to Facebook as a Custom Audience for ad targeting.
- Ensure that the Facebook account that you want to use is connected to Salsa Engage and that you have a Lead Ad in Facebook that you want to use. If you need information about creating Lead Ads, click here to go to Facebook's help.
- Login to your organization's Facebook account.
- Click the Social tab > Audience.
- On the Setup tab, enter a Reference Name for the audience, what it should be called in Facebook, and a description.
- Select the Facebook account that you want to use. If you need to connect your Facebook account to Salsa Engage, click here for directions.
- Click Next: Audience Rules >>. The Audience Criteria page will open.
- Select how your audience will be populated:
- Group button - Use this control to select a group from one of the custom groups that you have already created. Click here for help with custom groups.
- Query button - Create a new group using a query. Click here for more information about creating queries.
Note: If you switch between Groups and Query, you will lose any groups that you had selected.
- Determine how to handle synchronized supporters:
- Keep the Supporters in the Custom Audience and Append New Supporters - Add the people I define here to a Custom Audience in facebook, and keep the existing people in it as well.
- Replace the Supporters in the Custom Audience with the Supporters Above - Replace the people in the Custom Audience in Facebook with the people I define here.
- Click Next: Run Sync Now! If successful, you'll be notified that your supporters have been pushed to Facebook, and focus will be given to the Results tab.
Note: If your supporter change in Salsa Engage and you want the custom audience to either be "appended" or "replaced", click Rerun Synchronization on the Results page for your audience.