The Acknowledgment Wizard will guide you through the steps to create acknowledgment letters. These letters are typically sent to a caregiver to notify them that a gift was received in honor or in memory of their loved one.
Acknowledgment Wizard Workflow
In order for letters to be generated, the Acknowledge checkbox must be selected on the donation screen. the In Memory or In Honor constituent must have a relationship link of Caregiver or Acknowledgment Recipient assigned to the constituent who will receive the letter. As with all Wizards in Salsa CRM the screen is separated into two panels. The panel on the left is where you make your selections. The panel on the right contains detailed instructions to guide you through the process. Once you have completed the process, Salsa CRM provides the option to save your query. so that you can run it again in the future.
- Choose Reports > Queries > Acknowledgment Wizard.
- Select who may receive the acknowledgment letters by checking Send to Care Givers and/or Send to Acknowledgment Recipients. These relations are set in the Relations node of the Constituent’s record. Refer to the Relations article in the Constituents section for further information on assigning relationships between constituents.
- Select the checkbox to Display Gift Amount and/or Display Donor Address.
- Select the desired option for Format multiple contributors to determine how multiple donors will be displayed in an acknowledgment.
- Donation data can be queried by batch or by the date the donation was received.
- Batch: To limit the data by the Batch, select the Batch option and then select the Search Batch button. The Batch Search screen opens. Type the name of the batch and then the Search button. If multiple returns are listed, double click on the desired batch.
- Date: To limit the data by date, set the Donation Received Dates in the On or after and the On or before fields. To enter a date, choose the Calendar button. Use the arrows to navigate through the Calendar feature to select the desired month and year, once located, click to select the day.