Recurring Batches allow you to quickly enter "groups" of donations that are paid using only one payment. One such example is a hospital employee payroll deduction paid to your organization as one check but fulfilling many pledges.
NOTE: Before creating a Recurring Batch, you will need to create a Recurring Batch Template.
- Open the appropriate Recurring Batch Template.
- Click the Recurring Batch node at the bottom of the Batch Explorer on the left.
- Highlight the Recurring Batch Template you wish to copy by clicking once on the row so it turns yellow.
- Click the Copy Template Batch button in the bottom right. The Copy Batch window opens.
- On the Copy Batch window, enter the following for this batch in the New Batch Information section:
- [Payment Batch] Name
- Received Date
- Payment Type and subsequent required information for the Payment Type (like check number and date)
- The possibility exists that not every donor in this batch will be included in the recurring batch each time you need to create one. For example, someone may choose payroll deductions every other month or someone may select United Way every three months. If this occurs...
- Exclude certain donors by clicking the checkbox.
- Edit the donation amounts on this window by clicking the amount field and enter the amount you wish to apply to this payment.
- If you have edited the amount incorrectly, click the Reload button.
- When you have finished, click the Save button.
All of these donations are now in your database as having been paid with a single payment type. Repeat this process each time you need make payment(s) on a Recurring Batch.
Remember, this Recurring Batch is meant to allow you to easily enter payment for a group of donations which are being paid with one payment, such as a United Way check. This Payment Type will be applied to every donation in this batch.
NOTE: When entering payment on a Recurring Batch, the Pledge and Credit Card options are greyed out. If you select either of these options, the Unsupported Option window will appear.
NOTE: Editing the donation amount on this screen does not affect the original pledged installment.
If an amount has ** after it, this indicates that the gift was entered as a Split Fund gift, therefore it cannot be edited.