Use a Recurring Batch Template when you want to track donations such as payroll deductions or United Way distributions, where payments toward each fulfillment come from just one source, like one check or one ACH transaction. Recurring Batch Templates are used to generate Recurring Batches that contain the lump sum payment for those many donors.
To create a new Recurring Batch Template...
- Select the Manage > Batches menu from the toolbar.
- Click the Add button to add a new batch.
- Enter the name of the new batch.
- Select Recurring Template as the Batch Type.
- Select Open for Batch Status.
- Click Save.
- Add a new Pledge type donation with the main difference that this pledge will be kept in a Recurring Batch Template and not a donation type Batch.
- Select Save and New to add other donations to this Recurring Batch Template.
NOTE: Keep in mind these are donations that will occur at the same time on a regular basis. Any donations entered into this Recurring Template will become a part of a Recurring Batch where only one payment type can be entered (like check or payroll deduction). This is not how many recurring credit card donations are handled.
- When you have entered the final donation into the Recurring Batch Template, select the Save button.
The first time you need to enter the payment for these donations, read this article on creating the Recurring Batches that contain the lump sum payment for those donors.