This option provides you with a way to export information for use in other software. Select Export File lets you select the export file name and the type of export. Currently, a comma-delimited file, the Quicken "QIF", QuickBooks "IIF", "MAS90 Standard", "Jenzabar", and “Sage" (Peachtree) formats are supported.
- Select Manage, Finances, and then Finance Export
- The Step 1 : Select Criteria screen displays. Select the desired Fund (optional)
- Select the sort order (Fund Name or Donation ID)
- Choose the Limit Export By. Your choices are Items stored since last export, by Batch, or by Fund Item Stored Date.
- If Batch is selected, choose the Select Batch button. For instructions on locating a batch, see the article, Searching for an Existing Batch.
- If Fund Item Stored Date is selected, type the desired date range (all Date Fields reflect the date format for the country you previously selected) or choose the Calendar button, select the desired date.
- Once the criteria have been set, select the Next button.
- The Step 2: Preview, Exclude, and Modify Data screen displays. The data is displayed for review. Select the checkbox next to any record that you do not wish to export. Click to select the magnifying glass to view the donation in greater detail and edit content if necessary. NOTE: Remember, it will only edit it in the export report, not in the original donation).
- Choose the Next button.
- The Step 3: Save Export File displays. In the Export File Name text box, name the file to be exported.
- From the Export File Type, select from the drop down menu the desired file type
- The Export Options section will change based upon the selection made in step #10. NOTE: Upon returning to the Finance Export screen, Salsa CRM will list the QuickBooks Account Type as typically being listed as ‘Income’; by default ‘Income’ is listed in the corresponding field. IMPORTANT TO NOTE: If you have previously used ‘Bank’ as your export type, be sure to continue to use ‘Bank’ as your export option type; using a new export type at this step will create a new line item in QuickBooks.
- Be sure to select the Export Credit Account Name instead of Fund Name checkbox if you have the Credit Account Name set to match your existing Chart of Accounts in your financial software. IMPORTANT TO NOTE: If you do have your Credit Account Name set to match your financial software, and you do not select this option, new line items may be created in your financial software upon import.
- Select the Export button.
- Select the Finish button. The Export Wizard closes. The data should now be available in the designated file.
Next Article: Finance Export Wizard for Quickbooks