Many clients have asked us for resources relating to free stock images, image editing resources, or color design tools. Below are some sites we'd recommend as resources for the graphic designers or web designers in your workgroup.
While these are our recommendations, no endorsement is intended or implied. Please evaluate and use at your own risk.
Free Image Resources
- Pixabay—'Over 1.5 million royalty free stock photos and videos shared by our generous community.'
- Pexels—'All photos on Pexels are free for personal and commercial purposes.'
- Unsplash—'Beautiful, free photos. Gifted by the world’s most generous community of photographers.'
Free Image Editors
- Befunky—'Produce stunning photographs and captivating designs with fun, easy-to-use editing tools.'
- InPixio Photo Clip—'Easily cut-out or erase unwanted objects from your images.'
- GIMP—GIMP is a cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows, and other operating systems.
- Image Optimizer—Resize, compress and optimize your image files.
- ColorPick Eyedropper (Chrome add-on)—An eye-dropper & color-picker tool that allows you to select color values from web pages. This extension may not yet work as expected on the mac, you will have to use the pop-out button to put the preview in its own window, move that aside, and refocus the main window.
- Colorpick Eyedropper (Firefox add-on)—Firefox version of the same add-on as above.
- HTML Color Picker—An easy to use tool from the world's largest web developer site.
- Paletton—A color palette picker site. Allows you to identify complementary colors for your web design.