Updates Syndication - Publishers
Syndication enables Salsa Engage publishers to send content to subscribers with whom they've partnered to receive and use that content. You may syndicate any Engage Activity, Email, or Email Series. Whenever you change syndicated content, the subscribers' content is updated (or removed if you delete content).
For more information about Salsa Engage syndicated subscribers, see Template Library - Subscribers.
Note: Only Salsa Engage Publishers will see the features documented in this section. Talk with your Salsa representative if you are interested in becoming a Salsa Publisher.
Syndication Publisher Workflow
- Subscribers generate a syndication key and share it with you via email or IM.
- You activate the partnership.
- Create Activity or Message content that you want to syndicate. Pay particular attention to creating Usage Notes for subscribers to help them tailor the syndicated content to their needs.
- On the last step of content creation or editing for any Activity or Message that supports syndication, you'll see a syndication option. You select who has access to the content, and syndicate to those organizations.
- Content that you have syndicated shows up in the Assets > Templates I've Syndicated tab, which features the content type and name, the recipient to whom it was syndicated, and when the content was last syndicated. You may also remove syndicated content.
Which Content Syndicates to Subscribers
Since some content, such as URLs, needs to be specific to the organization that will send content to supporters, some content is not included with syndicated Activities and Messages. Your subscriber organizations will have to fill in some of the blanks if you send them Activities or Messages that contain certain types of content.
All images are copied into the instance of the target organization and are available for use in the syndicated content and content created by the organization.
The following merge fields will carry over in syndicated content. For example, "First Name" would come over as a merge field.
- Salsa Engage Supporter Fields
- Fundraising Merge Fields
- Organization Merge Fields
The From Name, From Email, and Reply-To fields will use the default values for the recipient org when used. All other content carries over as-is.
- Individual Message Content, Individual Message Content Status, and Message
- The scheduled interval for each Message
- All Forms—Autoresponders will syndicate to the recipient organization for use on the form if the sender organization customized versions. Otherwise, the default of the recipient organization will be used.
- Targeted Actions—Non-Customer Targets and Messages will transfer.
Tickets and optional purchases will transfer to the syndicated version.
What Content Does Not Syndicate to Subscribers
Custom merge fields will NOT transfer upon syndication. Instead, they will be replaced with placeholder text: "<Custom Merge Field Named ABC>".
All links within the content are copied as is (pointing to the source). Any links to Salsa Engage forms will keep only the anchor text and be noted as a link. The original link will not be transferred, and the subscribing organization will have to provide a link to its content.
- Entry Conditions
- Exit Conditions
- Series Ranking and Series Exclusivity Settings (the system defaults will load when edited)
- Series Status—Syndicated versions will always start as "Inactive", even if the original was "Active".
Fundraising Forms—Fund, Merchant Account, and other financial information for donation forms are not syndicated.
P2P supporter pages will not syndicate.