New donation information may be imported to Salsa CRM, however, updates to existing donations are not possible.
- To access Advanced Import, select Tools > Data Sync > Advanced Import.
- The Advanced Import screen opens.
- Select the Browse button on the Advanced Import screen in Salsa CRM, to locate the appropriate file you want to import. Once you have highlighted the file to be imported, select the Open button. The name of the file you selected is located next to the Browse button. Remember: The column headings for the import file have specific requirements, including an Import ID. Please review the steps in Importing New Constituent Information article.
- Next, you will need to enter the a reference or the Vendor Name into the Vendor Name field. If needed, please review the steps in Importing New Constituent Information article for instructions to complete the Vendor text field.
- If you are importing information that needs to be mapped to an existing form in Salsa CRM, please refer to the Importing Information to Forms article for instrustructions.
- If you are importing donation information, please see the section below on what donation data are required to be included in your data file.
- Select the Process button.
- The Import Options window opens. This window will display default information available based on the column headers which you have imported.
- When you select default information, this information will be applied only to records that are creating new constituent records in the database. NOTE: This default information will not be applied to records in the database that are only being updated.
- Once you have selected any necessary default information, select the Continue button. The Data Import Resolution Queue window opens.
- The Status column will display if the import has been successful, or list any of these other reasons: Unprocessed, Invalid or Missing Data, Missing Parent Record, Hon/Mem Resolution, Potential Duplicate, System Error, Donation Update, Ignore, Unknown City, Constituent Update, Duplicate Government ID, Pledge Pay No Template, Pledge Pay No Installments, Duplicate Data Sync Map. NOTE: Once a record has been marked with a Status of Success, you know that this record has been successfully imported into Salsa CRM. No further action is required.
- Use the Search Criteria at the top of the screen to narrow your results so that you can more quickly adjust the import information for processing into Salsa CRM. The Success box is not checked thereby excluding the successfully imported records from the listing. This will allow you to edit information on any unsuccessful records more quickly.
- Double-click on a line to open the details for that record, make the corrections and if this was the only issue with this import record, the Status will show as Success indicating that this record has been successfully imported into Salsa CRM.
- Once all of the import information has a Status of Success, select the Process button in the lower right hand corner to adjust any information on the record. Salsa CRM will open the corresponding Constituent or Donation record. Be sure to select the Save button if you have made any changes to the record.
- Previously imported files are available for you to view by selecting Tools, Data Sync and Resolution Queue.
Required Donation Data
If you are importing donation data, some elements are required to be present in your data file, while others are merely recommended. For instance, if Payment Type is omitted, or required fields based on Payment Type are omitted, donations will be imported as Cash.
|Column Name||Data Type||Required Field?||Max Length||Comment|
|Anonymous||Alpha-Numeric||No||1||Valid Values: Y, N, Yes, No, True, False. Default: N.|
|Appeal Name||Alpha-Numeric||No||50||If omitted, a prompt will allow you to choose the default.|
|Authorization Number||Alpha-Numeric||No||100||Valid Values: Any non-blank, alpha-numeric value.|
|Batch Name||Alpha-Numeric||Conditional||15||Required if Gift Amount is not blank. If omitted, a prompt will allow you to choose the default.|
|Campaign Name||Alpha-Numeric||No||50||If omitted, a prompt will allow you to choose the default.|
|Check Date||Date||Conditional||10||Required if Payment Type is "Check".|
|Check Number||Alpha-Numeric||Conditional||15||Required if Payment Type is "Check".|
|Credit Card Expire Date||Numeric||Conditional||6||Required if Payment Type is "Credit Card". Valid Format: mmyy, mmyyyy|
|Credit Card Number||Numeric||No||16||Not required, but if provided, only the last four digits will be stored.|
|Credit Card Type||Alpha-Numeric||Conditional||15||Required if Payment Type is "Credit Card". Valid Values: AMEX, American Express, Amex, Diners Club, Discover, JCB, MC, Master Card, MasterCard, Other, VISA, Visa. Default: Other.|
|Deductible Amount||Currency||No||13||If omitted, the deductible amount will be set to the same value as the Gift Amount.|
|Donation Note||Alpha-Numeric||No||500||Note will be placed in the "Notes" tab of the Donation|
|Donation Note Purpose||Alpha-Numeric||No||500||Purpose will be used for the Donation Note Purpose|
|Donation Source||Alpha-Numeric||No||50||Valid Values: [Blank Entry], Baseline Fundraising Form, Calvary Chapel South Pittsburgh Youth Programs, Lecrae in Concert, Merchandise Sales, Run For Hope.|
|Fund Name||Alpha-Numeric||Conditional||50||Required if Gift Amount is not blank. If omitted, a prompt will allow you to choose the default.|
|Gift Amount||Currency||Conditional||13||The presence of this column header indicates that Gift information will be imported.|
|Gift Date||Date||Conditional||10||Required if Gift Amount is not blank. Alternately, "Received Date" may be used.|
|Gift Import ID||Alpha-Numeric||No||64||The unique gift record ID from the source vendor system. If omitted, a unique ID will be created from a combination of name and address fields.|
|Gift in Kind Description||Alpha-Numeric||Conditional||50||Required if Payment Type is "Gift in Kind".|
|Gift Type||Alpha-Numeric||Conditional||15||Required if Gift Amount is not blank and file contains pledges. Valid Values: Donation, Pledge, Pledge Payment. Default: Donation.|
"This value is required in order to assign receipt numbers to donations.
Valid Values: Y, N, y, n
The column Deductible Amount is required to use this column.
In order to assign non-deductible receipts, the deductible amount must be 0."
|List As Name||Alpha-Numeric||No||255||The name that will be displayed in gift listings and reports.|
|Other Payment Description||Alpha-Numeric||Conditional||50||Recommended if Payment Type is "Other". Default: N/A|
|Payment Type||Alpha-Numeric||Conditional||20||Required if Gift Amount is not blank. Valid Values: Cash, Check, Credit, Credit Card, EFT, Gift in Kind, Other, Payroll Deduction, Pledge, Stock, Wire Transfer. Default: Cash.|
|Payroll Identifier||Alpha-Numeric||Conditional||50||Optional if Payment Type is "Payroll Deduction".|
|Pledge Frequency||Alpha||Conditional||15||Required if Gift Type is "Pledge". Valid Values: Annually, Bimonthly, Biweekly, Daily, Monthly, Once, Quarterly, Semi-Annually, Semi-Monthly, Weekly.|
|Pledge Import ID||Alpha-Numeric||No||64||The unique record ID of the original pledge from the source vendor system. Alternately, Salsa CRM Pledge ID may be supplied.|
|Pledge Number of Installments||Numeric||Conditional||3||Required if Gift Type is "Pledge"|
|Pledge Start Date||Date||Conditional||10||Valid Formats: mm/dd/yyyy, mmddyyyy, yyyy/mm/dd, yyyy-mm-dd. Required if Gift Type is "Pledge". If present, Gift Type will default to "Pledge".|
|Salsa CRM Pledge ID||Numeric||Conditional||10||Required if Gift Type is "Pledge Payment" and "Pledge Import ID" is not supplied. This is the unique Donation ID that displays on the original Pledge on the Salsa CRM screen. If present, Gift Type will default to "Pledge Payment".|
|Source Donation Activity Config UUID||Alpha-Numeric||No||36||The unique ID of the activity that created this Donation record, such as a unique online form ID.|
|Source Donation Activity Name||Alpha-Numeric||No||200||The name associated with the Source Donation Activity UUID.|
|Source Donation Activity Type||Alpha-Numeric||No||200||The type associated with the Source Donation Activity Type.|
|Source Donation Activity UUID||Alpha-Numeric||No||200||The ID associated with the Source Donation Activity UUID.|
|Source Donation UUID||Alpha-Numeric||No||36||The unique ID of the Donation record from the source system.|
|Split Amount||Currency||Conditional||13||Used by external programs submitting multiple transactions for one donation.|
|Transaction Reason||Alpha-Numeric||No||50||The reason the Donation was submitted|
|Transaction Reason Name||Alpha-Numeric||No||200||The name of the reason the Donation was submitted|