The Calculation button offers various calculating possibilities. This functionality is for only advanced users.
- On the Step 2 windows of the Advanced Query Wizard, select the Add Calculation button. The Add Calculated Column window appears.
- Enter a name in the Assign Column Name box to identify the calculated column.
- Click the Build button to create the calculation. The Build Calculation window is displayed.
- Click the Insert Column... button. The Select Column window appears.
- Highlight the field you wish to use in your calculation, and then select OK.
- Select an operation from the Build Calculation window. Continue in this manner until your calculation is complete.
- Add Parentheses to the calculation as needed. Parentheses are needed when mixing addition or subtraction operations with multiplication and division operations. For example: (2+2) x 15 = 60 whereas 2+2 x 15 = 32
- Once you have completed the calculation, click OK, and then finish creating your query according to the normal workflow. The calculation will be displayed in your query results as a column with the name you assigned.