Salsa CRM users can optionally split a donation's total between Co-Donors, Soft-Credit donors, Honor donors and/or Memorial Recipients. These constituents need to be assigned first to a donation before splits splitting donation amounts These values do not have to add up to 100% of the total gift.
||In Salsa CRM...
- A pass-through organization sends you a check, which is a fractional percentage of the original donations because the organization has subtracted a processing fee.
- You may wish to thank the original donors for 100% of their original portion to the pass-through organization (though most discourage this), even though you only received a portion.
- Consider the organization as the primary donor, because the organization name is on the check.
- Make these original donors soft credit on the donation.
- Make Split Amounts for these original donors.
- They have already been acknowledged for tax purposes by the pass-through organization. You cannot send them another tax letter, though you could still thank them for the gifts, if the pass-through organization permits.
- A social organization collects cash donations from members for you.
- Organization sends you one check, along with a list of the donors and how much each donated.
- This is not a split donation scenario. The best way to enter the gifts would be as individual donations, all with the same check number.
To make this option available to CRM users, it must be enabled in Salsa CRM. To enable this functionality,
- Go to Manage > Configuration > General tab.
- Click the Display “Split Amounts” tab checkbox.
- When making a donation, the supporter will have to select a Co-Donor, Soft-Credit Donor, Honoree and/or Memorial Recipient for the list of constituents to become available for selection.
Note: Split Amounts do not need to balance with Total Donation Amount.
Split gift amounts are visible in the following locations:
- On the Donation node, referenced as the amount of a gift from a co-donor, soft credit, honor or memorial donor.
- Through Donation type queries in the Advanced Query Wizard.
- In the following built-in reports...
To add or edit Split Amounts on the donation record...
Click the Amount in the table to highlight the row.
Click the Edit button in the bottom right corner of the table. You can also double-click the Amount to edit the value.
Change the value.
- Open the donation record you want to alter.
- Click the Split Amounts tab.
- Change the drop down menu above the split table to the appropriate category:
- Soft Credit