Recent software enhancements are shown in red.
The Donor Detail Report allows you to generate gift-based reports for your constituent base, based on the date range you specify. The report result hyperlinks associated with a constituent’s name and donations allow you to "drill-down" and view the individual’s record or gift. Report results can be exported to a mail merge or advanced query by selecting a single button.
- From the main menu select Reports.
- Highlight Gifts and then select Donor Detail. The Donor Detail screen appears.
Donor Detail Filters
This report contains a number of filters to provide you with a flexible, yet self-contained, experience.
Time Frame—Select dates or date ranges for which you would like to view the report and your report will be displayed:
- This Week
- This Month
- This Year
- This Fiscal Year
- If you wish to specify a time frame for your report...
- type a From date.
- Press Tab.
- Type a To date.
- You may also enter But Not From/To dates. This enables you to pull information based on lapsed donors within the specified time range.
- Exclude Deceased
- Exclude Do Not Contact
You can further customize your report by entering specific donation information into the Received At Least and At Most fields, Pledged At Least and At Most field, and into the Combined At Least and At Most fields:
- Received amounts reflect the total of donations and includes any recurring, matching, or pledge installment payments but excludes pledge totals.
- Pledged amounts reflect Pledge amounts only.
- Combined amounts reflect the total of donations and includes any pledge totals, recurring, or matching installment payments, but excludes pledge installment payments.
There are filtering options on the left side of the report window that you can select to determine who to include or exclude in your report. If you select any of these options you will need to select the Run Report button on the lower left side of the window to have the report reflect the change in options.
- The Title will pre-fill with your Organization's Name. If you wish to change the Title for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Title field and typing a new title.
NOTE: In order to permanently modify the Organization Name, you must be assigned Configuration permission.
- The Sub-Title field defaults to Donor Detail Report. You are able to edit this field.
- Include Donations—This option will allow you to use any straight donation dates and amounts within any calculations.
- Include Pledges—This option will allow you to use any pledge dates and amounts within any calculations. (By default this option is not) When you select this option totals are returned for Received, Pledged and Combined amounts. Please see below for these definitions.
- Include Pledge Payments—This option will allow you to use any actual pledge payment dates and amounts within any calculations.
- Include Matching Payments—This option will allow you to use the amounts and dates of matching gift payments received within any calculations.
- Include Co-Donors—This option will display the Co-Donor’s name and co-donation as hyperlinks within the report.
- Include Soft Credit Donors—This option will add Soft Credit donors when they are credited as soft credit on someone else's donation. The amount of the donation for each soft credit donor will be only their portion credited using Split Amounts. If no split amounts are specified on the donation record, they get credit for 100% of the donation.
- Consolidate Spouses—This option will combine the donation history of spouses within this report if a spousal relationship has been set. This means that if John Smith made a donation at one time on his own and his wife Mary made a donation on her own, Salsa CRM will look at that as a joint donation for the purposes of this report to determine when this couple last donated.
NOTE: If you choose to consolidate spouses and one of the two have not made a donation, or a donation within the selected timeframe, Salsa CRM will consolidate their names. The names are configured based on the Addressee formatting on the Configuration>Salutation Preferences tab or, if information has been entered on the Salutations Override window, Salsa CRM will use the Addressee information from that field.
- Exclude Gift In Kind—This option excludes any donations from being calculated that have a Payment Type of Gift In Kind.
- Group—The Group drop-down field allows you to filter on any group that has been configured in your database.
- Sort On—This option allows you to sort the returned data by Name, Received Amount, Pledged Amount, Combined Amount or Postal Code. This data can then be sorted in an Ascending or Descending manner.
- Additional Filters—When selected, this button will open a pop-up window on which you can select from Campaigns, Appeals, Funds, Groups and Batches. You can choose to include any combination of those categories, or you can choose to Exclude values in any of those categories.
- Include Links—This option will display the donor’s name and donation as hyperlinks within the report. This will allow you to select their name or donation and open the corresponding record.
- Use Color—This option applies colored bars on different sections of the report for easy readability.
- Save Results for Advanced Queries—This option stores the most recent Donor Detail report results to a table, which can be used in an Advanced Query to extend the capabilities of this Donor Detail report.
- Report Types—The drop-down field allows you to select the standard Formatted report, a report to be used for a Mail Merge and a report that will return information in the Advanced Query Wizard.
- Formatted Report—The formatted report returns the report within the Donor Detail screen and, if selected, includes links to the constituent records and donation records.
- Mail Merge—When selected, the mail merge report opens Salsa CRM’s word processor. In the word processor, you are able to easily create a mailing to the donors returned in your report. Step 3 of the Mail Merge Wizard allows you to include variables from the query in your letter. For more information on running a mail merge, please refer the Salsa CRM's Built-in Word Processor section.
- Advanced Query—When selected, the Advanced Query report opens in a new browser tab. The report results display as Step 3 of the Advanced Query Wizard. At this step you are able to see the results of your report. Here you can preview, exclude and modify data just as you would when you run a query. By proceeding to Step 4, all options of the Advanced Query Wizard are available to you. You are able to save the results of this query which would enable you to open them in the word processor, print labels, add to a group and perform many other global functions.
NOTE: The Advanced Query report option in the Donor Detail Report displays a column showing Deceased Date and a column for Spouse Deceased Date. If a deceased date appears on a donor’s record, it will appear in this column. This screen allows you the opportunity to deselect that constituent row, if you so choose. If you plan on eventually creating a mailing and you have consolidated spouses and a spouse returns with a deceased date, simply go back and change the relationship to the deceased spouse on the surviving spouse's record to Deceased Spouse. This would remove that deceased spouse from counting toward consolidated records and their name would not be added to the surviving spouse's name. Then, re-run your report.
- Advanced Query by Year—When selected, this will return the donations for each year selected showing a year over year difference.
- Run Report—This button will refresh the data returned in the report.
Donor Detail Advanced Query Results
For the Advanced query versions of the report, the results are displayed in tabular format.
- Received Amount—This column reflects the total of donations and installment payments (NOT pledges).
- Pledged Amount—This column reflects the original pledge amount, if applicable.
- Combined Amount—This column reflects the total amount of original pledges and donations (NOT installment payments).
Save Donor Detail Report Results
To save the report...
- Enter the file name in the text box at the bottom of the screen,
- Select the file type from the drop-down menu (HTML or Microsoft Excel Files).
- Click the Save Report button.