Organization type constituent records represent businesses, foundations, and various categories of corporations.
Check out the Add an Organization training course in Salsa Scholars.
To add an Organization Type record, start by adding a new record as stated in the Adding an Individual Constituent article, with the following caveats.
- When the new record opens, click to select the Organization radio button.
- Enter the name of the Organization.
- Select an Organization Type. The Organization Type simply identifies the form of organization it is, Foundation, Corporation, School, etc. Organization types are configurable in the Configuration menu.
- Organization screens have an Alias field. This field enables you to enter an organization name the way you would typically search for the record within your organization. For example, adding "Acme" to the Alias field will enable you to search on Acme and not just on “The.” When searching for an organization, both their Organization Name and Alias fields will be searched for a match.
- The Tax ID Number field allows you to enter the tax information of the organization.
- Enter the name of the main contact in the Contact Name field. When populating the Contact Name field of an Organization record be sure to include Title, First Name, Last Name and Suffix. The more completely you fill in this field the better Salsa CRM will be able to format formal salutations.
NOTE: This is a text field only; this will not create an individual constituent record for this contact person.
- Continue entering information as described in the Adding an Individual Constituent section.