Aggregation allows you to determine the Minimum, Maximum, Average, Sum, or Count of any numeric field. It will also allow you to List items in a single column such as listing multiple groups a constituent belongs to or multiple donations a constituent has made in a single field instead of listing the same constituent many times if they belong to many groups or have made multiple donations.
- See the Advanced Query Wizard: Create a New General Purpose Query article for instructions on beginning your query. For an overview of the Advanced Query Wizard and its controls, see Advanced Query Wizard Overview.
- Running a donation type query, filtering on a specific date range, asking for gift amount and donor name and not using the aggregate filter would return results similar to the example below. Notice the multiple results returned for a few of the constituents.
- To list donations from a constituent on one line, in the Available Fields list, on which you would like to filter (in this instance Donation Amount is being used) click the Gear symbol above the Available Field section.
- Choose Aggregate, and then Sum, Minimum, Maximum, Count, Average or List. In this example, click Sum.
- The Select Group By Field dialog box opens. Select the field you wish to group by, such as Donor ID to group by donor and then choose OK. An italicized field for the aggregate is added to the Output Fields list. The example below shows donors with multiple gifts where all of their donations have been listed on a single line. (You could also use List to associate an aggregate to a particular text field.)
- The results returned in the query will now display donors on an individual line with the sum of their donations displayed. See the example below. You can see that Salsa CRM summed all of the individual’s donations which were returned in the previous query and listed the sum on one line.