Email Training and Overview
Check out the Salsa Scholars Email training course. Watch our Quick Clips video (below) to get a quick overview.
Outgoing Email Default Settings
Before you send your first email, you or your system admin will need to manage default outgoing email settings:
- Click the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Switch To... button, and then select Email and Form Defaults.
- Set up your outgoing email defaults. We will populate the following as the default for each campaign. While you can make changes to these later, add something that we can validate now so you don't get mistaken for a spammer.
- From Name—Let your supporters know who their email is coming from.
- From Email Address—A professional domain specific to your organization is best. Be aware that some email providers, like AOL and Yahoo, do not allow their addresses to be used here.
- Reply-To Email Address—Even when you don't ask for responses, some folks may want to write you back. Pick a reply-to email address that is checked regularly and is not someone's personal address. "info@" is a typical reply-to address option. It doesn't have to match the from address, but it can.
Email Creation Workflow Overview
When you want to send an email blast to your supporters, there are a few aspects to consider:
- What your email will look like.
- Who will receive your email?
- What your email will say.
- When they will receive your email.