Does the payment come first, and then you create the subscription? Do you enter the subscription first, then you attach payment? Work both ways with membership subscription payments. Payment can come from an already existing donation. Add payments on-the-fly as you are entering the subscription. Enter subscriptions first, then enter payment when you receive it, or link an Engage donation to a subscription.
Payment from a Subscription
- Click the Collect Payment button to enter a new donation.
This button will open a new donation screen which will pre‐populate with the donor, default fund, campaign, appeal and letter as set on Membership Configuration. The Membership tab is populated with the corresponding subscription information.
- Click the Link Existing Donation ID button if the payment already exists in Salsa CRM. You will need to know the Donation ID for the existing donation and type this in manually.
Subscription or Renewal from a Payment
There are times where you may process a payment and not realize it was for a subscription or renewal until later. With these directions, you can start a new subscription or apply the payment to a subscription renewal after entering the payment into Salsa CRM, either manually or from another source like Engage.
- After a donation has been added to the system, click the Membership tab.
- If the donation has not already been associated with a subscription, the Subscriptions table on this screen should be blank.
- Click Add toward the lower right to either start a new subscription or to apply this payment to a renewal of an existing subscription.
- For potential renewals, if the selected donor is either a member or the donor of at least one existing subscription, you can choose an existing subscription for renewal by selecting Yes to the pop-up window that appears.
- If no, a new Subscription screen displays, ready for a new subscription entry.
- If yes, a list of the primary donor's subscriptions display. Select a subscription to renew by double-clicking the subscription or by clicking once on the subscription and then clicking the Select button.
This displays a new subscription entry, but fields will automatically be filled out based on the previous subscription, such as members, letters, and notes. Active, Start, Processed, and End Dates will reflect a new subscription period.