Click the header to expand the content that you'd like to see.
Fundraiser Creation Process Overview
According to the M + R 2019 Benchmarks Study, 13% of all online revenue in 2018 came directly from email marketing. Leverage Engage's email marketing platform with your secure, custom Fundraising forms tailored to your fundraising campaigns.
Check out the Salsa Scholars Fundraising Form training course.
Step 1: Getting Started
- Click Activities from the left navigation menu.
- Select the Fundraising tab.
- Click the + Create a Fundraising Form button to the right of the window.
- The Make Your Selection tab is selected by default. See Make Your Selection for more information.
- The Basics tab is selected by default. Fill out the fields. See Activity "Basics" for more information.
- If you use Salsa CRM, select a Fund, Campaign, and Appeal to be automatically applied to online transactions processed by the Salsa Engage form. When a donation is made, the information is pushed down to Salsa CRM. If you do not select a Fund, the default Fund ("Salsa Engage Default") will be applied to the transaction in Salsa CRM.
NOTE: these fields are for your organization's internal use only; they are not programmatically tied to the designation option that supporters will see on the Fundraising form itself.
- Click the Next button in the lower right-hand corner to continue.
Step 2: Compose
This step enables you to create content and page layout, manage the activity's page settings, consider what type of confirmation the supporter receives, and add any third-party tracking to your form. See the Compose page for additional information.
Elements Unique to Fundraising
The following elements are found only in Fundraising activities:
- Designations - Designations are unique to the Form Field Element in Fundraising forms. If you use Salsa CRM, the information that supporters enter into the Salsa Engage Fundraising form will be pushed down to Salsa CRM. It's important to keep in mind that a Designation made by a supporter on the fundraising form is different from the Fund that you used on The Basic tab. Fund on The Basics tab is specifically tied to an account in your accounting software. The designation, in contrast, is not necessarily tied to a Fund. Your organization determines what the Fund will be when you fill out The Basics tab, but the donor chooses the Designation on the fundraising form. The Fund may be something like "Operations Fund", whereas the Designation may be something like "blankets for kennels" or "winter jackets for homeless". Note, to force donors to choose a designation, you have to check the Required check-box and select None as the default value when you configure the Designation field.
- Dedications - Dedications are unique to the Form Field Element in Fundraising forms. If you use Salsa CRM, the information that supporters enter into the Salsa Engage Fundraising form will be pushed down to Salsa CRM.
Step 3: Publish
Publish your form after you have it set up the way you want. Click here for more information. When you select Publish This Form, the page will be rendered, a URL hotlink will be generated, and widgets will be created. You can also see the available date, which shows when the page was published and made available for use. Most importantly, the form WILL BE LIVE.
Step 4: Embed Widgets in Your Web Pages
After you publish, Salsa Engage generates widgets that enable you to add a donate button or donate form to any web page that you own.
NOTE: You'll need someone with admin level access to your website to apply widget codes do your web site.
Click here for more information.
Once you have published a fundraising form and collected at least one donation on the form, you will find new information generated on the Results tab of the form. The first piece of information you will see at the top is the total amount raised on this particular fundraising form.
To the right, you'll see an option to change the timeframe (30 days, 90 days, 1 year, or Lifetime) of when the data for the graphs in the lower section is pulled.
If you have a specific date range you want to filter by, click the date drop-down and select the range of days and click Apply.
See Performance Statistics for Actions and Messages for detailed information.