The Transactions section enables you to view, refund, reallocate (P2P only), export, and import financial transactions.
Note: The Amount defined for recurring donations cannot be edited. To change a recurring donation amount, you must cancel the donation and then create a new one with the updated amount.
Caution: DO NOT refund a transaction anywhere other than in the Salsa Engage platform if the transaction was made within a Salsa Engage form.
Pro Tip: If you want to manually add a credit card donation, it has to be on the Fundraising live form or P2P form "Results" campaign admin page, not from the Transactions or Supporters screen.
To view a list of all of the transactions that your organization has collected, click the Transactions tab on the left-hand menu. The Transactions window will open, and the focus will be on the Transactions tab, where you will find a list of all successful, failed, and refunded transactions. Use the search bar to limit your results if you are looking for a specific transaction.
View Transaction Details
To view a transaction's details, click any field for the transaction.
This will take you to a screen with further details, such as the page from which the transaction came from, the supporter who made the donation, and whether custom fields were used.
Refund a Transaction
- Open the transaction that you want to refund.
- Click the Refund Entire Payment button. The Refund Options dialog box will open to confirm that you want to refund the transaction.
- Click OK. The donation record will remain in the table on the Transaction tab, and the Amount will be $0.00. The refund will be processed at 8:00 PM on the day the refund is made (if it is made before 8:00 PM; otherwise, the refund will be processed at 8:00 PM on the subsequent day). Salsa has no control over when a bank or credit card will post the refund. Refunded transactions cannot be reversed.
Reallocate a P2P Donation
Salsa Engage enables you to reallocate P2P donations.
- Open the P2P donation (from a supporter to an individual or team) that needs to have funds reallocated.
- Click the Reallocate button at the bottom of the Total Purchase frame.
The Reallocate Donation dialog box will appear.
- To the right of the table, click the plus (+) or minus (-) icon to respectively allocate or de-allocate the donation. For example, let's say that for a given transaction Team A and Team B have a donation allocated to them but Team C does not. If you want to de-allocate the donation from Team A and Team B and instead allocate the donation to Team C, click the plus icon for Team A and Team B, and then click the minus icon for Team C. Team A and Team B will now each have a minus icon, indicating that the donation is not being allocated to them, and Team C will have a plus icon, indicating that the donation is allocated to Team C.
- Click the Save button.
Cancel Recurring Payments
- Open the recurring transaction. The Cancel all future transactions checkbox will appear at the bottom of the record only if the transaction is a recurring payment.
- Click the Cancel all future transactions button. The Cancel dialog box will appear to confirm that you sure about canceling all future transactions.
- Click OK.