Recent software enhancements are in red.
View, refund, reallocate (P2P only), export, and import financial transactions through the Transactions view.
To view a list of all of the transactions that your organization has collected, click the Transactions tab on the left-hand menu. The Transactions window will open. The focus will be on the Transactions tab, where you will find a list of all successful, failed, and refunded transactions. Use the search bar to limit your results if you are looking for a specific transaction.
Pro Tip: If you want to manually add a credit card donation, it has to be on the Fundraising live form or P2P form "Results" campaign admin page, not from the Transactions or Supporters screen.
NOTE: The Amount defined for recurring donations cannot be edited. To change a recurring donation amount, you must cancel the donation and then create a new one with the updated amount.
View Transaction Details
To view a transaction's details, click any value in the transaction table. This will take you to a screen with further details, such as the page from which the transaction came from, the supporter who made the donation, or any Salsa Tracking Code available when the donation was made.
- A—The first dollar amount in the top left of the panel indicates if this is a one-time or recurring donation and how much the one-time donation or recurring installment payment is worth.
- B—If recurring, the second dollar amount indicates the total value of all donations paid so far. Otherwise, this duplicates the one-time donation amount.
- C—Just beneath total donations is a credit card profile, showing the card type, expiration date, and last 4 digits of the card used in the transaction. NOTE: credit card numbers are not stored in Salsa Engage.
- D—The Source field indicates what Engage form was used to generate the transaction and the timestamp for the transaction. The entry is a hyperlink to the form's Results screen.
- E—The transaction's Donor field is a clickable link to their Supporter record.
- F—The Status field indicates how the current transaction stands, such as whether it was a credit card charge or a refund.
- G—The Honorarium/Memorial field indicates a gift made in tribute to another person.
- H—The subject of a tribute gift is recorded in the Designation field.
- I—The Notify field indicates whom to contact in the event of a tribute gift.
- J—If a Salsa Tracking Code existed on an Activity when a gift was submitted, it is recorded here.
- K—If Smart Amounts were suggested giving amounts on a fundraiser form when a gift was submitted, it is recorded here.
- A—The dollar amount if this is a one-time or recurring donation and how much the one-time donation or recurring installment payment is worth.
- B—Supporter opted to cover the credit card processing fees by increasing their donation.
- C—Tax Deductible Amount of the donation.
- D—Transaction Date
- E—Type of payment (credit card/PayPal/e-check)
- F—Which Gateway was used to charge the transaction.
- G—The PNREF is a unique transaction identifier that comes from an external source. This PNREF may be from a merchant account or from a data import.
- H—This field shows the current Status of a transaction, primarily concerned with whether the transaction has been charged or refunded most recently.
- I—This Resend Autoresponder icon provides you the opportunity to re-send the same autoresponder to the donor that was originally sent.
- J—This Refund icon allows you to start the process to give back the donation. After clicking this icon you must confirm you want to continue as the process cannot be undone.
Refund a Transaction
Transactions may only be refunded for 60 days. DO NOT refund a transaction anywhere other than in the Salsa Engage platform if the transaction was made within a Salsa Engage form. If you want to refund a transaction that is less than 60 days old...
- Open the transaction that you want to refund.
- Click the Refund Entire Payment button. The Refund Options dialog box will open to confirm that you want to refund the transaction.
- Click OK. The donation record will remain in the table on the Transaction tab, and the Amount will be $0.00. The refund will be processed at 8:00 PM on the day the refund is made (if it is made before 8:00 PM; otherwise, the refund will be processed at 8:00 PM on the subsequent day). Salsa has no control over when a bank or credit card will post the refund. Refunded transactions cannot be reversed.
Reallocate a P2P Donation
Salsa Engage enables you to reallocate P2P donations.
- Open the P2P donation (from a supporter to an individual or team) that needs to have funds reallocated.
- Click the Reallocate button at the bottom of the Total Purchase frame. The Reallocate Donation dialog box will appear.
- To the right of the table, click the plus (+) or minus (-) icon to respectively allocate or de-allocate the donation. For example, let's say that for a given transaction Team A and Team B have a donation allocated to them but Team C does not. If you want to de-allocate the donation from Team A and Team B and instead allocate the donation to Team C, click the plus icon for Team A and Team B, and then click the minus icon for Team C. Team A and Team B will now each have a minus icon, indicating that the donation is not being allocated to them, and Team C will have a plus icon, indicating that the donation is allocated to Team C.
- Click the Save button.
Cancel Recurring Payments
- Open the recurring transaction. The Cancel all future transactions checkbox will appear at the bottom of the record only if the transaction is a recurring payment.
- Click the Cancel all future transactions button. The Cancel dialog box will appear to confirm that you sure about canceling all future transactions.
- Click OK.