Recent software enhancements are in red.
This section covers the basics of managing supporters and groups. A "supporter" is a record in your Engage account.
To navigate to the Supporters Dashboard, click Supporters in the navigation to the left of the window. The Supporters tab will appear with focus on the Supporter Dashboard.
The Supporters Dashboard enables you to see some overview information regarding the number of supporters in your account as well as their sources. You can also manage Groups, Imports, and Exports from the Dashboard.
Add or Import New Supporters
Click the Add Supporters button at the upper right-hand corner of the window, and then choose an option: Single supporters or Import supporters.
Email address is the only required field when creating a new Supporter. We recommend that each Supporter email address should be unique.
The extent of the data that is captured for Supporters is up to you. Do you have the following information on your Supporters?
- Phone Numbers
- Mailing Address
- Social Media contacts
- Custom fields
Select the Subscription tab at the top of the screen to manage Message Topics to which they're subscribed, or whether they're subscribed at all to receive your messages. Below is an example of a Supporter who has been unsubscribed because of a hard bounce email, and relevant information to that action taken.
Review Key Metrics
In the center of your dashboard, you will find Key Metrics. You can see them for the past 30 days, 90 days, or year to date.
- Total Number of Supporters is the total number of people who have been added to your organization's audience within the given time-frame. They may have been added via a sign-up page, a fundraising page, petition, or via import.
- Source displays the origins of your supporters displayed in a pie chart by number and percentage.
List of Supporters
At the bottom of the dashboard is a list of all supporters. You can see the source of each one and you can also click the name of any supporter to view or edit the supporter's info. You can view or modify...
- Basic information - email address, external ID, name, phone numbers, mailing address, social, and custom fields.
- Subscription status - whether a supporter in the system is subscribed or unsubscribe and to which message topics they are subscribed.
- Active Consent status - what active consent channels the supporter is opted-in to or opted-out of (view only).
- Support's Group status - a list of groups to which the supporter belongs (view only).
- Supporter's Activity - the supporter's donations, actions, activities, and transactions (view only).
This tab enables you to view, create, and delete supporter groups. Groups are small, flexible lists of supporters within your full list. Groups enable you to reach out to specific groups with messages just for them. Groups can update automatically as new people qualify to join.
Engage features the following types of groups:
- Predefined - These are predefined groups that you have in Engage from day one. You can sort your view of this list, but groups cannot be added or removed.
- Custom - These are groups that you have created.
- To add a new group, use the Make a New Custom Group button at the top right of the main window. The button will launch the Create a New Supporters Group wizard.
- To delete a group, click the checkbox to the left of the group(s) that you want to delete, and then use the Actions pull-down control to select the Delete option. You'll be prompted once before the group is deleted.
- CRM - You will see this tab only if you subscribe to Salsa CRM. These are groups that exist in Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage but which are managed by Salsa CRM.
Manage Imports Tab
The Manage Imports tab displays a clickable list of all your imports. In addition to listing your Imports, you may also import supporters from this tab. For a step-by-step direction, please click here.
Manage Exports Tab
The Manage Exports tab displays a clickable list of all your exports. For step-by-step directions, click here.
The Query tab provides a user-friendly way to find and segment your supporters based on their activity history, group membership, or a host of data points. For step-by-step directions, click here.