The Finance Summary Report contains information on the count and amount of each donation by Campaign, Appeal, or Fund. Gifts that have not been assigned to a Campaign or Appeal (Funds are always required information on any donation record) are summarized as well.
Access detailed gift records using the report's hyperlinks. These hyperlinks direct to Fund, Campaign, or Appeal details listing all donors in your requested timeframe.
To open the Cumulative Giving report...
- From the CRM Toolbar, select Reports > Built-in Reports.
- Select the Finance Summary report from the reports landing page. The Finance Summary Report screen appears.
This report pre-defines the following conditions:
- The Finance Summary Report includes all "cash" gifts made during the selected time frame.
- The Finance Summary Report does not include pledges themselves, only those payments made towards pledge fulfillment.
There are filtering criteria on the left side of the report window that you can select to determine what conditions include or exclude donors in your report. Criteria labels indicate whether they are to include or exclude information from your report.
If you select any of these criteria, you will need to click the Run Report button on the lower left side of the window to have the report reflect the change in criteria. You may define the following report criteria.
The reporting timeframe depends on a gift's Received Date falling within that range. Select relative dates or custom date ranges for which you would like to view the report. Please see the Built-in Reports Overview for more information on setting relative or custom date ranges.
Select from the following options by checking the appropriate box:
- Groups—The Group drop-down field allows you to include or exclude any group in your database. You cannot simultaneously include some groups and exclude others. You must select groups to include or exclude. When you select your groups, the number of groups selected will show within parentheses next to the Groups header.
Use these criteria to include or exclude any transactions from being considered in your report.
NOTE: Filtering so that Campaigns, Appeals, or Funds are excluded will not exclude them if you choose to drill down into the report contents by clicking on a Campaign, Appeal, or Fund in the report results.
NOTE: To include or exclude in-kind gifts, on the toolbar, go to Manage and then Configuration. On the General tab, check the Exclude Gift In Kind from Summary Reports checkbox if you wish not to include them in the Finance Summary Report or deselect the checkbox if you wish to include them on the report.
- The Title automatically populates with your Organization's Name. If you wish to change the Title for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Title field and typing a new title.
NOTE: To permanently modify the Organization Name, users must have the Data-Related Configuration permission to change the Company Name in the General Configuration.
- The Subtitle automatically populates with the report name. If you wish to change the Subtitle for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Subtitle field and typing a new title.
- Select whether to Sort By Name, Description, Count, or Amount.