The Donor Detail Report contains detailed information on each supporter. Filter the report by exact or relative dates. Filter on campaigns, appeal, funds, and batches. The hyperlinks associated with a constituent and their donations allow you to click and view demographic and gift details. Use report results in a mail merge or view data as advanced query results in a single click.
To open the Donor Detail report...
- From the CRM Toolbar, select Reports > Built-in Reports.
- Select the Donor Detail report from the reports landing page. The Donor Detail Report screen appears.
This report pre-defines the following conditions:
- Report results include constituents based on their relation to the defined gift as...
- Primary Donors
- Soft Credit
- Pledge Payment Soft Credit
- This report uses List As Names from donations. Donations with a checked Anonymous checkbox will not exclude the gifts from consideration in this report. All donors get credit for their gifts if they are in the primary Donor field.
- If you have no idea who a donor is, assign the gift to a constituent record whose first and last names are Anonymous. That donor's gift summary displays in this report just like any other donor.
There are filtering criteria on the left side of the report window that you can select to determine what conditions include or exclude donors in your report. Criteria labels indicate whether they are to include or exclude information from your report.
If you select any of these criteria, you will need to click the Run Report button on the lower left side of the window to have the report reflect the change in criteria. You may define the following report criteria.
The reporting timeframe depends on a gift's Received Date falling within that range. Select relative dates or custom date ranges for which you would like to view the report. Please see the Built-in Reports Overview for more information on setting relative or custom date ranges.
If you are using custom dates, you may also exclude a date range. This will exclude donors who donated in that date range.
- Click on the Exclude Date Range link under the Custom Dates tab.
- In the top right above the calendars, two more fields have been added: But Not From/To.
- Click the field and select the date from the calendars or just type them into the field.
- Click Confirm to save your dates or Cancel to discontinue.
Select from the following options by checking the appropriate box:
- Exclude Deceased—This option excludes constituents who have a non-blank Deceased Date among the report results.
- Exclude Do Not Contact—This option excludes constituents who have a Do Not Contact value in the Preferred Contact Method field.
- Consolidate Spouses—This option will combine the donation history of spouses within this report. Two constituents must have an established spousal relationship. If John Smith made a donation at one time on his own and his wife Mary made a donation on her own, Salsa CRM will add those together for this report to determine the total giving for the couple. If you choose to consolidate spouses and one of the two has not donated within the selected timeframe, Salsa CRM will still consolidate their names.
The names are generated based on the Configuration>Salutation Preferences tab or, if the information has been entered on the Salutations Override window, Salsa CRM will use the Addressee information from that field.
If genders are assigned to the spouses, the male name will be first and the female name second. If the genders are the same or not assigned, the constituent record with the smaller Constituent ID will be first.
- Include Co-Donors—This option will add Soft Credit donors when a donation contains a soft credit designation
- Include Soft Credit Donors—This option will add Soft Credit donors when a donation contains a soft credit designation. The soft credit donor's portion is designated using Split Amounts. If you do not designate the soft credit donor's portion using Split Amounts, they will get credit for 100% of the donation.
- Groups—The Group drop-down field allows you to include or exclude any group in your database. You cannot simultaneously include some groups and exclude others. You must select groups to include or exclude. When you select groups, the number of groups selected will show within parentheses next to the Groups header.
Use these criteria to include or exclude any transactions from being considered in your report.
- Exclude Gift In Kind—This option excludes any donations from being calculated that have a Payment Type of Gift In Kind.
- Type—This option gives you a choice to exclude certain donation types:
- Donations—Include any straight donation and recurring credit card payment dates and amounts within the report calculations.
- Pledges—Include any pledge dates and amounts within the report calculations.
- Pledge Payments—Include any transactions with dates and amounts within the report calculations that pay on a pledge.
- Matching Payments—Include any transactions with dates and amounts within the report calculations that pay on a matching gift intent.
- Recurring Payments—Include any transactions with dates and amounts within the report calculations that pay on a recurring credit card pledge.
- Amounts—You can customize your report by entering specific donation information into the Received At Least and At Most fields, Pledged At Least and At Most field, and into the Combined At Least and At Most fields.
- Received amounts reflect the total of donations and include any recurring, matching, or pledge installment payments but excludes pledge totals.
- Pledged amounts reflect Pledge amounts only.
- Combined amounts reflect the total of donations and include any pledge totals, recurring, or matching installment payments, but excludes pledge installment payments.
- The Title automatically populates with your Organization's Name. If you wish to change the Title for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Title field and typing a new title.
NOTE: To permanently modify the Organization Name, users must have the Data-Related Configuration permission to change the Company Name in the General Configuration.
- The Subtitle automatically populates with the report name. If you wish to change the Subtitle for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Subtitle field and typing a new title.
- Include the following Custom Fields in your report results:
- Constituent Fields
- My Salsa CRM Fields
- Donation Fields
- Sort the report results in ascending or descending order by the following values:
- Received Amount
- Combined Amount
- Postal Code
- Save Results for Advanced Queries stores the most recent Donor Detail report results to a table, which could be used in an Advanced Query to extend the capabilities of this Donor Detail report.
Other Report Options
Three other versions of this report exist and can be selected from the Other Options drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
- Mail Merge—When selected, the mail merge report opens Salsa CRM’s word processor. In the word processor, you are able to easily create a mailing to the donors returned in your report. Step 3 of the Mail Merge Wizard allows you to include variables from the query in your letter. For more information on running a mail merge, please refer to the Salsa CRM's Built-in Word Processor section.
- Advanced Query—When selected, the Advanced Query report opens the report results to Step 3 of the Advanced Query Wizard. At this step, you are able to see the results of your report. Here you can preview, exclude and modify data just as you would when you run a query. By proceeding to Step 4, all options of the Advanced Query Wizard are available to you. You are able to save the results of this query which would enable you to open them in the word processor, print labels, add to a group and perform many other global functions.
NOTE: The Advanced Query report option in the Donor Detail Report displays a column showing Deceased Date and a column for Spouse Deceased Date. If a deceased date appears on a donor’s record, it will appear in this column. This screen allows you the opportunity to deselect that constituent row if you so choose. If you plan on eventually creating a mailing and you have consolidated spouses and a spouse returns with a deceased date, simply go back and change the relationship to the deceased spouse on the surviving spouse's record to Deceased Spouse. This would remove that deceased spouse from counting toward consolidated records and their name would not be added to the surviving spouse's name. Then, re-run your report.
- Advance Query by Year—When selected, the Advanced Query report opens the report results to Step 3 of the Advanced Query Wizard. In addition, there are columns added to the right that show the donations for each selected year showing a year-over-year difference.