The Payment Type Report summarizes all donations by Payment Type and then by Fund (or vice versa). The report is based on the dates you select. Access detailed gift records using the report's hyperlinks. These hyperlinks direct to donation details.
To open the Payment Type report...
- From the CRM Toolbar, select Reports > Built-in Reports.
- Select the Payment Type report from the reports landing page. The Payment Type Report screen appears.
This report defines the following conditions:
- All donations for the selected timeframe.
- Sort initially by Payment Type and then by Fund within each Payment Type section.
There are filtering criteria on the left side of the report window that you can select to determine what conditions include or exclude donors in your report. Criteria labels indicate whether they are to include or exclude information from your report.
If you select any of these criteria, you will need to click the Run Report button on the lower left side of the window to have the report reflect the change in criteria. You may define the following report criteria.
The reporting timeframe depends on a gift's Received Date falling within that range. Select relative dates or custom date ranges for which you would like to view the report. Please see the Built-in Reports Overview for more information on setting relative or custom date ranges.
Select from the following options by checking the appropriate box:
- Groups—The Group drop-down field allows you to include or exclude any group in your database. You cannot simultaneously include some groups and exclude others. You must select groups to include or exclude. When you select your groups, the number of groups selected will show within parentheses next to the Groups header.
Use these criteria to include or exclude any transactions from being considered in your report.
NOTE: Filtering so that Campaigns, Appeals, or Funds are excluded will not exclude them if you choose to drill down into the report contents by clicking on a Campaign, Appeal, or Fund in the report results.
- The Title automatically populates with your Organization's Name. If you wish to change the Title for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Title field and typing a new title.
NOTE: To permanently modify the Organization Name, users must have the Data-Related Configuration permission to change the Company Name in the General Configuration.
- The Subtitle automatically populates with the report name. If you wish to change the Subtitle for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Subtitle field and typing a new title.
- Select whether to Group By Payment Type and then Fund, or Group By Fund and then Payment Type.