Recent software enhancements are in red.
Text Messaging (technically known as short message service, or SMS) is an add-on service to Salsa Engage. There is nothing to configure on a site-wide level. Please contact Support for more information.
Salsa text messaging programs exist on a shared short-code phone number. If you would like to obtain a non-shared 10-digit phone number or migrate a phone number that you already own, please contact Salsa Support. If you have more than one number (because you are using a 10-digit phone number in addition to a shared short code) select the number that a keyword will be associated with as you are reserving the keyword.
The following messaging use cases are not allowed on SMS over Toll-Free phone numbers:
|High-risk financial services||
|“Get rich quick” schemes||
|"S.H.A.F.T." use cases||
SMS usage statistics are updated overnight so that the entire 24 hour period starting at midnight local time is captured as a daily metric. If you send 10,000 messages and you immediately check your usage, you will not find the change until the next day.
Statistics are in the Text menu, under the Administration tab, in the Usage tab. SMS usage metrics include...
- Start Date—Start of billing cycle.
- End Date—End of billing cycle.
- Included Shared Keywords—Number of shared keywords included with plan tier. Private keywords are free.
- Total Shared Keywords—Peak value of the number of reserved shared keywords for the month, calculated overnight. If a campaign manager reserves one shared keyword on the 1st of the month and one shared keyword on the 2nd of the month, then the peak value is two. If the CM reserves a new keyword on the 3rd of the month and releases a keyword in the same day, then the peak value is still two. If a CM releases all of their keywords on the 4th of the month, then the peak value is still two.
- Plan SMS Segments—Number of SMS messages (segments) included with plan tier.
- Broadcast Segments Sent—Number of outgoing SMS segments send via Broadcast Text.
- Text-to-Initiate Segments Sent—Number of outgoing responses to Text-to-Initiate activities.
- Total SMS Segments Sent—Total outgoing SMS segments sent in the billing cycle.