The Solicitation Report allows you to quickly run a report showing you each of your Solicitors and the type and amount of donations made from each solicitee. Solicitors are defined on a Solicitor/Solicitee reciprocal relationship between constituents.
For example, if your board members solicit donations, configure your board member as a Solicitor type of relationship on the donor's Constituent record. That will automatically reciprocate back with the Donor as Solicitee on the board member's record. To create a reciprocal Solicitor/Solicitee relationship, follow the instructions in the Relations article.
Once you have defined Solicitor/Solicitee Reciprocal Relationships within your database, run the Solicitation Report.
To open the report...
- From the CRM Toolbar, select Reports > Built-in Reports.
- Select the Solicitation report from the reports landing page. The report screen appears.
This report defines the following conditions:
- Constituents who have a Solicitor relationship to another constituent, who in turn has a Solicitee relationship back to the Solicitor. This is not the same as the Solicitor field on the Donation record
- Solicitees have a donation with a Received Date within the reporting timeframe.
There are filtering criteria on the left side of the report window that you can select to determine what conditions include or exclude donors in your report. Criteria labels indicate whether they are to include or exclude information from your report.
If you select any of these criteria, you will need to click the Run Report button on the lower left side of the window to have the report reflect the change in criteria. You may define the following report criteria.
The reporting timeframe depends on a gift's Received Date falling within that range. Select relative dates or custom date ranges for which you would like to view the report. Please see the Built-in Reports Overview for more information on setting relative or custom date ranges.
- The Title automatically populates with your Organization's Name. If you wish to change the Title for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Title field and typing a new title.
NOTE: To permanently modify the Organization Name, users must have the Data-Related Configuration permission to change the Company Name in the General Configuration.
- The Subtitle automatically populates with the report name. If you wish to change the Subtitle for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Subtitle field and typing a new title.