Salsa Engage enables administrators to set permissions for new and existing team members. This topic covers permissions.
Each of the following has its own permissions: List Building Forms, Fundraising Forms, Transaction Management, Advocacy, Email, Social, Events, Offline Transactions, Data Management, API, Application, Administration, Syndication. You can set permissions individually for each type of functionality. For example, you could give Campaign Managers permission to create and publish fundraising forms but restrict them from viewing and refunding transactions. You can give your bookkeeper full permissions to view and refund transactions but no access for creating fundraising campaigns.
- Note: Permissions changes will not take effect until a user logs out and logs back in.
- No Access - Users will not have access to or even see the functionality in their view of Salsa Engage.
- Read Only - Users will be able to see the given functionality, but they will not be able to create forms or print reports.
- Create/Update - Users will be able to see the given functionality, create emails, events, and social posts, but they will not be able to publish.
- Publish & Send - Users have full permission to view, create, publish, and send.
- Full Access - Users have full permissions.
- Custom - Many of the features enable to you select permissions very granularly. For example, you can give a user Full Access permissions to offline transactions for Events and No Access permissions to Peer-to-Peer transactions.
- List Building Forms - Permissions for viewing and adding Assets and for Sign-Up Forms and Petitions Activities.
- Fundraising Forms - Permissions for viewing and adding Assets and for Fundraising Activities.
- Transaction Management - Permissions for Transactions management.
- Advocacy - Permissions for viewing and adding Assets and for Targeted Actions Activities (including Legislator Lookup), Manage Custom Targets, and Manage Click To Call Caller ID.
- Email - Permissions for viewing and adding Assets and for Emails, Email Series, and Autoreseponders.
- Social - Permissions for viewing and adding Assets and for Social Posts, Lead Ads, Accounts, and Audience.
- Events - Permissions for viewing and adding Assets and for Events and Peer-to-Peer Activities.
- Offline Transactions - Permissions to enable campaign managers to add registrations as cash, check, and complimentary for Events and Peer-to-Peer Activities. Also enables the Read Only view Events and Peer-to-Peer if they are not already enabled.
- Data Management - Permissions for Supporter Records, Groups, Manage Imports (Supporter and Donation), Manage Exports (Supporter and Donation), and Query (Supporter).
- Insight Reports - Permissions for the following reports: Communication, Engagement, Fundraising, Advocacy, Insight.
- API - Permissions for the Salsa Engage API. Enables the API tab in Settings.
- Application Administration - Permissions for Billing & Payment Settings, Payment Gateways Settings, Application Settings, and Manage Users Settings.
- Syndication - Permissions for the Syndicated Images tab, Syndicated Content tab, and Content I've Syndicated tab in Assets.